Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Raison d'Etre

This blog has been created for the most straightforward reason imaginable: I wanted to post a comment in my friend Maureen McHugh's blog -- it's at maureenmcq.blogspot.com; go check it out -- and you have to go the full join-up route just to do that. So in for a penny, I guess.

Like Maureen, I write science fiction (and other stuff) for a living. I have a few other things in common with her, about which I may be more forthcoming at a future time. I will aspire to a becoming unpretentiousness in this blog -- it has much to be unpretentious about -- but I cannot promise to meet expectations, especially if someone expects, say, a proper deference to the current Commander in Chief. "Ballast for My Gorge" once occurred to me as a good title for a memoir, which I do not propose to write anytime soon. If it doesn't strike you as witty, perhaps I will do better tomorrow.

Let my first displayed virtue be that of brevity.

7 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Greg! I think you'll like a blog. And I'm certain you'll be good at it. You have a particular talent for the kind of well-reasoned, interestinf mini-essay that the forms rewards. So I'll be checking here often.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Well, let's try not to form a mutual admiration society!

I will put up a short post every morning and see how it goes. If it feels as though I am simply dropping pennies down a grate, I will cease. But any readership will doubtless take some time to form, which counsels patience.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Well, I signed on too, just so I could say hello to Maureen and weigh in here, if necessary. I'm not sure I can promise to check in every morning to see what you've posted, but I'm not sure I can promise to post in my own blog either. We'll see.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Derryl Murphy said...

Welcome to the club. If this works out for you, I suspect this is where you'll end up doing more of your posting.

D

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ken Houghton said...

I promise not to post on a frequent basis over at mine. But at least this is accessible from work.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fitflops sale
dolce and gabbana
cheap nba jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet online
pittsburgh steelers jersey
los angeles lakers jerseys
ugg outlet
nike outlet store

7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0706
cheap jordans
canada goose outlet
prada handbags
fitflops outlet
soccer jerseys
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
wellensteyn jackets
alife clothing
camel shoes

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home